FILMS BYKIDS SEASON ONE, 248 Million Ripples
BYkids films air on PBS and CBS, with supporting curriculum for students and teachers. We hold film screenings and panel discussions at schools, film festivals, Lincoln Center, United Nations and SXSW. We engage on social media. Each of our young film makers create empathy touching 248.6 million viewers.
- 83 million US Households PBS / WNET
- 270 broadcast channels+ in 122 markets
- 1 million CBS
Because kids learn wherever they are, and with and from their friends, we engage with them on social media, so kids can learn when they have questions, not just during school days.
- BYkids.org – 93k
- Facebook – 408k
- Instagram – 82.5k
- Twitter – 315k
- YouTube – 3.6k
WNET | PBS LearningMedia | PenPal Schools
Free, standards-aligned educational resources, designed to be integrated into middle/high school curricula, engage students in meaningful conversations about world problems.
Instructional webinar hosted by WNET and accessible to all educators is promoted to more than 170,000 educators worldwide, including middle, Jr., and high school librarians, social studies and world history teachers.
- Collection of materials accessible via PBS LearningMedia web portal, with more than 1.6 million subscribers, is available to all educators nationwide.
- Companion course connects students globally around the films via social media and is available to all educators through PenPal Schools, an online learning community with more than 250,000 student and teacher subscribers from 150 countries.
The impact of these films is apparent at every screening. We see the joyful and at times, tearful reactions of our audiences, who consistently ask thoughtful questions in our post-screening discussions. Assessment tells more of the story.
After screening MY COUNTRY IS TIBET (the story of a young royal who retains his traditional culture in the face of persecution) for teachers at the national conferences for the Asia Society Partnership for Global Learning and National Association of Independent Schools, we surveyed the audience:
- 95% of teachers surveyed said that they would definitely use BYkids films and resources in their classrooms.
- 83% of teachers found the film highly engaging.
- 83% of teachers thought their students would find the film very or highly engaging.
As importantly, a questionnaire administered to a broadly representative group of students who viewed MY COUNTRY IS TIBET told us that:
- 100% of students said they would like to see BYkids films in their classrooms.
- They found the film helped to expand their knowledge and understanding of world cultures and traditions.
- 100% of students were interested in doing a media project on what ‘home’ means to them.