The impact of these films is apparent at every screening. We see the joyful and at times, tearful reactions of our audiences, who consistently ask thoughtful questions in our post-screening discussions. Assessment tells more of the story.
After screening MY COUNTRY IS TIBET (the story of a young royal who retains his traditional culture in the face of persecution) for teachers at the national conferences for the Asia Society Partnership for Global Learning and National Association of Independent Schools, we surveyed the audience:
- 95% of teachers surveyed said that they would definitely use BYkids films and resources in their classrooms.
- 83% of teachers found the film highly engaging.
- 83% of teachers thought their students would find the film very or highly engaging.
As importantly, a questionnaire administered to a broadly representative group of students who
viewed MY COUNTRY IS TIBET told us that:
- 100% of students said they would like to see BYkids films in their classrooms.
- They found the film helped to expand their knowledge and understanding of world cultures and traditions.
- 100% of students were interested in doing a media project on what ‘home’ means to them.